1. The “Festas de Lisboa’20 Sardine Contest” is an initiative run by Empresa de Gestão de Equipamentos e Animação Cultural, E.M., S.A, hereinafter referred to as EGEAC. Open to everyone, it aims to encourage people to produce sardine designs to be used in the Festas de Lisboa’20 publicity campaign.
2. A contest called “Turma da Sardinha’20” (Sardine Class´20) will run alongside the “Festas de Lisboa’20 Sardine Contest” to encourage the participation of basic education school pupils from across the country. This contest also involves the creation of sardine designs, which will then be used in the Festas de Lisboa’20 publicity campaign.
3. Ownership of the copyright of winning sardine designs belongs to EGEAC, in accordance with the provisions set out in article 14, paragraph 1 of the Code for Copyright and Related Rights. As such, EGEAC will hold the rights over them as provided for in articles 67, 68 and 159 of the abovementioned Code, namely the right to: reproduce, distribute and publicly communicate the designs, including the right to disseminate and publish them in the press or otherwise display them in public; to distribute them or disseminate them by any means of sign, sound or image reproduction; to adapt them to any physical structure; to make any modifications to them; to use them within other pieces of work; and to reproduce them, directly or indirectly, temporarily or permanently, by any means and in any form, as a whole or in part.
4. The foregoing provision (paragraph 3) includes any type of use for non-commercial purposes, with their commercial use being the subject of a specific and separate contract.
5. The attribution of copyright ownership for winning sardine designs to EGEAC is definitive and not time limited as far as non-commercial use is concerned, with commercial use being the subject of a specific agreement to be defined within the contract mentioned in the previous paragraph.
6. In relation to the provisions set out in article 14, paragraph 4 of the aforementioned Code, it is hereby established that the use of winning entries for the purposes described in these Regulations does not confer on the respective author(s) the right to any supplementary payments or benefits, be they financial or of any other nature, with copyright ownership belonging to EGEAC.
7. Entrants give their consent for their sardine contest design entries to be used for promotional or publicity purposes (in accordance with paragraph 2 above), such as in exhibitions or in freely-distributed publications, in accordance with the terms set out in paragraphs 1 and 2 of article 159 in the abovementioned Code.
8. Sardine contest design entries must make reference to their participation in the “Festas de Lisboa’20 Sardine Contest” or “Turma da Sardinha’20” whenever they are used by their creators or third parties. EGEAC must also be made aware of their use beforehand.
9. Participation in this contest, through registration, presupposes the complete acceptance of the conditions set out in these Regulations, as well as acceptance of the collection, use and processing of the personal data provided during the application process, in accordance with the terms of the Declaration of Informed Consent, which is a part of the entry form.
1. “Festas de Lisboa’20” Sardine Contest:
a) Aimed at people of all ages: Portuguese nationals and foreigners, both residents of Portugal and non-residents, groups and individuals;
b) The following persons may not participate in the contest: employees of EGEAC; employees of the Câmara Municipal de Lisboa; members of the Jury. The spouses, partners, children and parents of the aforementioned persons also may not participate;
c) Entries may be submitted individually or jointly (co-authorship), with each applicant allowed to submit a maximum of three sardine design entries.
2. “Turma das Sardinhas’20” Contest
a) Aimed at all Portuguese basic education schools;
b) Entries must be submitted by a school staff member representing the creators
c) Part of the Festas de Lisboa’20 Sardine Contest;
3. Entrants are responsible for the originality of the designs submitted, which must be of their own authorship, and are legally liable for any third-party claims relating to copyright, related rights and personality rights
1. Sardine design entries must be previously unpublished and original.
2. Design entries submitted must be recognisable as sardines and not confused with other any fish; a sardine-shaped outline is available on the following website: www.culturanarua.pt.
3. Sardine design entries may be produced using any technique, manually (on paper/cardboard, collages, photographs or three-dimensional objects) or digitally.
4. Sardine design entries may not contain any element identifying their creator(s), or make reference to brands or logos, including Festas de Lisboa.
1. You can register for the contest on www.culturanarua.pt or by completing the entry form included at the end of this document.
2. Registration of contest entrants must follow the following rules, where applicable:
a) “Sardinhas Festas de Lisboa’20” Contest:
i) Entries by Minors: registration must be completed in the name of the minor, with the responsible adult entering their own details in the relevant section;
ii) Entries by entities, companies, educational institutions, IPSS (Private Social Solidarity Institutions), non-profit organisations, and other groups: the registration must be completed under the name of the group, with the person responsible for the application entering their own details in the relevant section.
b) “Turma da Sardinha’20” Contest
i) School entries: registrations on the website must be made under the name of the school, with the entry representative identifying himself/herself in the appropriate section.
3. Each entrant must submit their designs in one of the following ways:
a) digitally on www.culturanarua.pt: as a photograph or digitalisation in a JPEG/JPG file (max. 50MB), A3 size (42cm x 29.7cm) and with a resolution of 300dpi;
b) by CTT (Portuguese postal service), via registered mail, in a sealed envelope and accompanied by the completed entry form (included at the end of this document). Design entries should be sent to: GPEP, Rua Manuel Jesus Coelho, 4, 4.º andar, 1150-228 Lisboa. It should not exceed 250g, should be no larger than 50 x 50 x 50cm and must not be made of perishable or degradable materials.
1. The contest calendar is as follows.
a) “Sardinhas Festas de Lisboa’20” Contest – deadline for submission of designs is by 18:00 on 6th April, 2020.
b) The winning designs will be announced by 31st May, 2020.
2. “Sardinhas Festas de Lisboa’20” contest winners and honourable mentions, as well as the winning school in the “Turma da Sardinha’20” contest, will be informed by email and/or telephone.
This contest consists of the following stages:
1. Stage 1: Checking of design entries and disqualification of “Festas de Lisboa’19 Sardine Contest” design entries which do not comply with the regulations set out in this document.
2. Stage 2:
2.1. “Sardinhas Festas Lisboa’20” Contest
a) Shortlisting of 100 (one hundred) sardine design, as selected by a Jury designated by EGEAC, from amongst all the designs accepted at Stage 1;
b) Selection of 6 (six) winning sardine designs, chosen by a Jury designated by EGEAC, from the one hundred shortlisted designs mentioned above;
c) Selection of 3 (three) sardine designs earning an honourable mention, chosen through a public vote held on social networks from the one hundred (100) shortlisted designs, excluding the six (6) winning sardine designs set out in b).
2.2. “Turma da Sardinha’20” Contest:
a) The selection of 1 (one) winning design by a Jury designated by EGEAG from amongst the design entries accepted at Stage 1.
1. “Sardinhas Festas Lisboa’20” Contest:
1.1 6 (six) winning sardine designs will be awarded prizes.
1.2. Each winning design will be awarded a net cash prize of €1,500 (one thousand, five hundred euros).
1.3. 3 (three) designs will receive an honourable mention and be awarded a non-cash prize, to be decided by EGEAC.
2. “Turma da Sardinha’20” Contest:
2.1 – There will be 1 (one) winning sardine design.
2.2. The basic education school with the winning design will be awarded a net cash prize of €1,500 (one thousand, five hundred euros).
2.3. Honourable Mentions may also be given should the Jury deem them justified.
3. Prizes will be awarded with a receipt in accordance with Portuguese financial law.
1. All accepted design entries are selected by a Jury to be designated by EGEAC.
2. The design entries will be selected anonymously, with no elements identifying their authors allowed.
3. The Jury selecting the winning sardine designs will take the following factors into consideration:
3.1. “Sardinhas Festas de Lisboa’20” Contest:
a) The design’s legibility and adaptability to other publicity materials;
b) The design’s creativity and originality.
3.2. “Turma das Sardinhas’20” Contest:
a) The originality and creativity of the design.
4. The Jury’s selections will be made by majority decision and are not subject to appeal or complaint.
1. Designs sent by post, which have not won a prize, can be collected until 30th October, 2020, by prior appointment by emailing email@example.com.
2. Designs not collected in the manner described in the previous paragraph, will become the property of EGEAC.
3. The originals of the winning designs are the property of EGEAC and therefore cannot be collected by the respective entrants.
1. Any queries relating to the interpretation of these Regulations must be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The resolution of any issues provided for in the previous paragraph, as well as any other issues, is the exclusive responsibility of EGEAC and will be communicated by EGEAC by whatever means it deems appropriate.
Entry Form + Declaration of Informed Consent and a sardine-shaped outline are available on culturanarua.