The International Cartoon Biennale Niko Nikolla, “Balkan Smile”, planned to be organized on May 18-21, 2020 in the city of Pogradec, will be postponed to September 18-20, 2020, due to the extraordinary situation created by the global pandemic of Covid virus 19.
We thank on behalf of all the organizers of this event, cartoonists around the world for all the works sent to the address of this Biennale, (email@example.com), to participate in this activity organized by Albanian Excellence and the Municipality of the city of Pogradec (Albania).
We look forward to your understanding and continued cooperation.
We are happy that so far the submitted works have passed the number 200 and we welcome other works.
May you be well and may we meet in September
Flora Nikolla, Executive Director
Agim Sulaj, President of the Jury
• In collaboration with the ‘Albanian Excellence’ Center, the Municipality of Pogradec invites the Balkan Peninsula artists to participate in the first “Niko Nikolla Cartoon Biennale” which will take place in honor of the ‘Niko Nikolla Days of Humor and Satire’ from 18-21 May 2020, in the city of Pogradec, Albania.
• This cartoon contest bears the name of one of the most popular Albanian humor figures. It will take place in the town of Pogradec, in southeastern Albania. Pogradec is home to the deepest lake of the Balkans and picturesque views. This Biennale puts Pogradec, the birthplace of Niko Nikola, on the world cartoon map.
• The cartoon biennale will be a periodic activity, from the cooperation of Albanian Excellence and the Pogradec Municipality,protected under all the rights granted to Albanian Excellence from the Albanian state legislature through a registered trademark.
• Historically, the countries of the Balkan Peninsula have often been caught in wars and misunderstandings. This competition seeks to leave behind the disagreements of the past, and instead move towards a peaceful Balkan Peninsula, where each nation is viewed as a valuable asset.
• It is with this spirit we invite all Balkan artists to participate by submitting works in response to the theme”Balkans Smile”.
• Each participating artist can submit up to 3 free original works in A3 or A4 format. Works must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
• The deadline for submission will be April 20,2020 (EXTENDED:) 20 August 2020.
First Place: ‘Niko Nikolla Prize’ 500 €
Second Place: ‘Pogradec City Hall Prize’ 400 €
Third Place: ‘Jury Prize’ 300 €
• The awards ceremony will take place on May 18-21 at the Art Gallery of Pogradec.
• Hotel Accommodations for 3 nights will be provided by Municipality of Pogradec.
• The winning works will remain property of the Municipality of Pogradec and can be used to sponsor the Biennale Publicity.
Source: covid-19-the-international-cartoon-biennale-niko-nikolla & albanianexcellence.