Cartoon & Caricature Exhibition of “Sustainable Environment”-Turkey
Theme: “Sustainable Environment”
The Faculty of Art and Design at Izmir Katip Celebi University is pleased to announce a new exhibition: Cartoon & Caricature Exhibition on September 24-27, at the IKCU Art Gallery, Izmir, Turkey. The aim of the exhibition is to connect the cultural uniqueness of various countries in the world through typographic work.
The exhibition will feature artworks that convey messages, text-based art, and visual communication arts. We wish to invite visual artists to submit their artworks of various media such as graphic design, drawings, illustrations, printmaking, cartooning and graffiti, Infographic, photographs, video & new media art, and mixed media.
The works submitted to the competition may be prepared as original drawings, digital printings or computer printouts, The drawing technique is open-ended.
– The festival is opened foreveryone regardless of nationality, sex, or profession, over 18 years of age.
– This cartoon exhibition can be participated by all kinds of artists, designers who work in type to create a diverse exhibition with a wide cross-section of works.
– Topic “Sustainable Environment”.
– All work must be the original work of exhibitor, No photographs unless part of mixed medium work.
– Artists who intend to participate in the exhibition have to send their work visual by using the Online Application Form.
– Deadline: September 15, 2021
– The exhibition applications will be accepted or rejected according to the evaluation of the “Art Committee”.
– The committee will assess works by considering criteria such as contemporary interpretation, material knowledge, technique/practice, subject and visual balance/aesthetic.
– The dimensions of the design should be 21 X 29,7 cm (A4).
– Originals of designs, In CMYK mode, fonts will be converted and saved JPEG format at least 300 dpi resolution (10MB maximum size).
– Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 pieces of the original artwork.
– Due to space limitations, not all pieces are guaranteed to be hung.
– Sponsor should not be used for poster design, logo or visuals for commercial purposes.
– In addition, it should not contain political symbols and images that are contrary to human rights and contain sexuality.
– The artists submitted for selection will be able to be printed in the publication of Izmir Katip Celebi University and in other printed materials of this organization such as books, catalogs, brochures, postcards, websites, and posters. All rights for any other publishing except these belong to the owner of drawing.
– Each participating artist will receive a certificate of attendance and a digital exhibition catalog.
– The selected works will be covered with a passe-partout for the exhibition by the organization committee.
– The copyright of the work of the contest remains in each artists. Artists shall retain all copyrights of any image they submit to the Art Room Gallery.
– Images will not be resold, exchanged or copied from this site.
– The participation is free of charge.
– All participants shall be sent High-Quality Digitally Print + Passepartout, Certificate of Attendance, Digital – Exhibition Catalog, and attendance in the festival program.
– The applicants who complete the application form are deemed to have accepted all the conditions specified in the specification.
– Exhibition Dates: September 24-27, 2021